Friday, August 28, 2009

tomato harvest

I've been away from the computer attending to family matters. I have a little time right now to assure you that I'm still around. I'll be brief.

Just an update on the tomato plant. The season is drawing nigh. Above you see the potted tomato plant. Below is the "abundant"harvest.
There may be only five but those five were good. Dad and I had them for breakfast one morning.


I've seen about three other tomatoes waiting to ripen. The harvest really wasn't abundant but
it was fun seeing the plant grow.

As for the basil plant, it is beginning to flower. I may save the flowers and try planting them in a clay pot since I've never tried to plant from seed. So far I've been picking the flowers off trying to extend its season. If I hurry I can make pesto and freeze it for use during the winter. Besides I have all of those little packs of crushed peanuts from McDonald's. Can't let those go to waste.
THAT'S IT***

1 comment:

  1. Glad you were able to enjoy your tomatoes.. I had every intention of planting herbs this year and it seems time just flew by when I thought about it again.

    ReplyDelete