Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Bottle Heads

As I've told you before I'm a recycler. I couldn't resist making one of these 
Credits : https://www.intimamex.com/paginas/blog;
https://mentootlet.blogspot.com/2018/04/flakonviragtartok.html
Aprenda com Edu ; unknown (seen on Pinterest)



when I saw them on Pinterest.
Plastic bottles/jugs are plentiful.

I found the vinegar bottle not to be very strong. The detergent bottle will be done later although it would make a great face.

I decided on an empty bleach bottle.
I cut off the bottom of the bottle as seen in the above vinegar bottle.

I painted it black then brown. There was some resistance in covering a white bottle with the acrylic paint when I tried to paint it brown on the first coat. In hindsight I should have roughed up the bottle with sandpaper or some other gritty substance before trying to paint it. However I still feel I would need to add more than one coat which I did.




After it dried I painted a face with eyes, orange eyeshadow, painted eyelashes and two commas(😉) as a nose.


I always have a stash of ribbons, pom poms and etc. because I'm a person who enjoys crafting.




This orange, embossed  wire ribbon  and orange pom poms fit the look I was  going for. I plan to hang it outside on my back porch indirectly from weather elements although it will incur some of it. 

I  didn't want to use E-6000 so I hot glued and stapled on the wire ribbon and pom poms. 
I KNOW this may not hold up but when I make the green one I'll know what NOT to do.
Besides, I brought the old throat killer out again,
that I warned about in a previous post. This time I wore a mask and gloves. It was better but the fumes were permeating the mask.  It's going in the trash 🗑️for sure.

Inside with makeshift wire loops and yarn cord. 
side view after being spray varnished showing earrings.

The finished product tied to a fence post. Later I will adjust the cording so that it will hang from a hook on my porch like other normal hanging plants.



I'm pleased with the results but the next bottle head will be more decorative/ gaudy. 


That's it***
Next week: The other White House. 































1 comment: