Wednesday, July 31, 2019

KIlling the Hard Drive


I fell in love with computers as soon as they became a household word. I wanted to learn all I could about them. I'd stay on my computer as long as I now stay on Facebook. ☹️

Since then I've owned more than one computer.  The first was a Gateway desk top.
paysimple.com 
Mine had two speakers. 
Shout out to CHM for accompanying me when I made the purchase and helping me choose the right thing.

There was no real threat of ID theft during that time so when I finally ridded myself of it I didn't remove the hard drive. I just dumped it somewhere. I don't remember where. (That was environmentally unfriendly and I now know better)

I needed to get rid of some electronics as well as a laptop that longer  performed well.
 I viewed several YouTube videos on how to destroy a hard drive and it's easy. 
  • First I swept the hard drive of all information. Then I removed the hard drive, took it out into the garage and proceeded to drill holes in it. That didn't work well because I didn't have the correct drill bit. SO I beat it with a mallet. 
*If you really want to do a good job think of all the things you're angry about or have been; 

*the time you couldn't find your size in the cute shoe that was on sale
*the person that rear ended you and had no insurance
*sitting in a waiting room at 2:00 when your appointment was at 1:00. 
The list is endless.

After the beating I shook it and there was a rattling sound similar to broken glass inside. According to the videos that's a good thing. I'd even broken off some other "thingie" on the front of it.




I learned from YouTube that Best Buy will recycle your discards for free. I called them ahead of time to get a current read on this and yes, they will recycle your electronics.




My new friend. ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜
Haven't had a brand spanking new one in a long time.
❤️๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’›


That's It***

Next week- Birmingham Oddities



1 comment: