Wednesday, May 22, 2019

REMIXES - Macaroni & Cheese, Stationery Pouch

"If at first I don't succeed, I'll usually try at least once more."

Remember this? 😩

I tried it again and things worked out a lot better. This time I used a recipe and I had all of the ingredients I needed. No shortcuts this time.
Here's the Remix
I've had this recipe for a long time and have used it on more than one occasion. 


I may not be the best cook but I can follow directions.😃
***
I enjoy crafting and sometimes things don't turn out the way I expect them to. I'll  put things to the side if I feel there is a chance they might be saved later on. And so it was with this stationery pouch which was supposed to be a clutch purse.

Anthropologie
Some time back, I'd observed a tote bag on the Anthropologie site made from canvas art with leather straps. 


As with most of their items price is an object and I prefer smaller handbags to larger ones. I still thought it was a unique idea. 
I headed to a couple of thrift stores to see what I could find. I didn't search high and low because I'm not a big fan of shopping. Jupiter has to align with Mars or something like that to make me WANT to shop.
😲 But, I digress. 
Nothing on fabric canvas was I able to find. I ended up with posters and fabric scraps that I had in my stash which  I cut to clutch purse size, sewed and glued together and sealed the paper with shiny Mod Podge.  
So basically I decoupaged it.💃Whatever.
I still wasn't satisfied so I put it aside until..
EUREKA!➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️ Stationery pouch. I hot glued a piece of grosgrain ribbon to the back to use as a tie closure and I was done.

That's It ***




No comments:

Post a Comment