|Trying to glue the lace on was tedious especially avoiding getting burned by the glue.|
|Present finials and curtain rod. As you can see after falling the one in the middle lacks its tip.|
Drapery finials are pretty expensive. The ones that came with my curtain rods were large for the area but since they weren't being moved on a regular basis it was okay. I had foam balls left over from a project and didn't want to throw them away. By now if you've read any of my previous posts you know that I am a frugal person who doesn't like to throw anything away. BUT! I hasten to say I AM NOT A HOARDER. I tried hot gluing lace onto a foam ball with the idea of painting lace and ball with a metallic acylic paint. I wasn't pleased with the outcome. I ended up throwing those 2 balls away. See, I'm not a hoarder.
|I used wooden cutouts, hot glue and permanent markers for the embellishments|
|The third ball from the right shows where I made the indentation for the curtain rod.|
This is a photo of the finials at the end of a valance. I ended up putting a little double sided tape on the inside of each finial so there would be more grab to keep them on.
Right now I'm satisfied with the results and that's all that matters.