Saturday, October 22, 2011

Corn on the cob without the silk

As Seen On
by way of Smitty B
Smitty B sent me an e-mail about microwaving corn without the silk.  Naturally, I had to try it.  I tried out the Omelet in a  ziplock bag  that she sent me also.
Here's  the video from YOU TUBE if you'd like to watch it first, then my results.


I purchased one ear of corn for 75 cents just for this experiment.


I placed the one ear of corn with the shucks inside the microwave and set it for 4 minutes. I didn't have an Ove Glove, so I used oven mitts to place it on my cutting board.

I cut off the bottom of the corn.

Here is the bottom of the corn. I shook the ear of corn out in one shake.
It came out perfectly. No silk at all.

I don't know if it was the corn or the microwave but the corn was delicious. It was so sweet I didn't put anything on it.
THAT'S IT***