*2C riced cauliflower
*1t garlic salt
*1/2t italian seasoning
*1 egg white
*1/2C reduced fat mozzarella cheese
*toppings of your choice, also remember if you add more cheese on top to count it! (Yeh, right)
1.Preheat oven to 425.
2. Cut cauliflower into small chunks and pulse in food processor until rice like consistency is met. It should look almost identical to rice.
3.Place in microwave safe bowl (after ricing) with plastic wrap on top and microwave for 1-2 minutes.
4. Mix cauliflower with remaining ingredients.
5. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray and form mixture into desired shape (spray it WELL, it has a tendency to stick).
6. Make sure its not too thin, somewhere around 1/4 an inch thick.
7. Bake for 15 minutes until slightly browned.
8. Remove and add your sauce and toppings.
9. Bake for another 5-10 minutes to melt cheese and cook toppings. You can also broil it at this stage if the edges of the pizza are looking too dark.
Cauliflower has a strong smell after being cooked so you may want to employ the crew below.
As you can see I've placed the cauliflower in my food processor and reduced it a little at a time into the consistency of rice. Actually it looks more like coconut to me.
I ended up with far more than two cups of cauliflower. It's in a microwave safe bowl. I placed it in the microwave with its matching top for 4 minutes instead of the 2 as suggested by the recipe since I had more than two cups.
I did most of the mixing with gloved hands. I have shaped the "dough" into a crude square on the baking sheet
|what beautiful color|
After placing the sauteed toppings on the crust, I put jarred spagetti sauce on top and then put it back in the oven for about 10 minutes.
|plated cauliflower pizza|
There are probably a couple of things you're thinking .
a. I should have put the sauce on first and then the toppings.