Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Pear Cobbler

AFTER having pear cobbler at Gabriella's I decided to try my hand at it. Naturally I used a store bought frozen crust since I have never in my life even attempted to make a crust from scratch. I didn't expect my concoction to be as good as Gabriella's and it wasn't. But it was edible.
Here are the ingredients:
4 Bosc pears, cored, peeled, and cut in wedges (I used canned and cut them in chunks)
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 lemon juiced
1/2 stick butter
1 store bought piecrustI followed the label directions for the pie crust and allowed it to cool while I made the filling.


DIRECTIONS: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine all of the ingredients except the pie crust in a saute pan. Saute for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and pour cobbler mixture into medium ramekins. For topping, put pre-made piecrust over cobbler and bake in oven for 15 minutes.
THE REAL DEAL: I didn't have another crust to put on top so I made a crumbly Brown Betty type topping to put on top. As you can see, I also didn't use ramekins. I also didn't do any sauteing

Here it is before I put it in the oven.

Here's the finished product. Edible but not that great. First and last attempt.
THAT'S IT***

1 comment:

  1. It looks delicious.

    May Peace be with you & your family during this Holiday Season and sending Blessings throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete