Thursday, September 5, 2019

Domino Necklace

You know what they say, "Go big or go home."
My going big was to make a Domino necklace just for fun to wear to my first  Seniors Masters Tournament.


  1.  I usually will lay out things I plan to use in a craft project. The Dominoes were only $1 at the Dollar Store.  They measure about 1 1/4 x 1/2 inch. I wrapped the ones I didn't use in the plastic wrap you see and placed them in one of my craft bins. I didn't want them all over the place. I used a drill with a small bit to put holes in the tops of five dominoes. I also got the bit stuck in the drill and can't get it out.☹️ That's another story.
2. Since the pips were varicolored, I used a  white Sharpie to cover them.
3. I took 4 rhinestone sets from the roll of rhinestones (I'd bought it for another project and couldn't use it.) to make the bar between the pips. Individual rhinestones were used for each pip.
4. I decided to use a pearl necklace I'd begun some time ago and a remnant of chain I had for the necklace. 


5. I placed the dominoes in equal places on the pearl portion. 


6.  I measured where I wanted my necklace to fall. I attached the pearl section to the chain with jump rings. Then placed the lobster clasp on the back. 

I was satisfied with the outcome of the necklace. The only thing I had to buy were the dominoes.  I guess you'd say it cost me $1.10. 

That's it๐Ÿ— ๐Ÿ• ๐Ÿˆ












No comments:

Post a Comment