Tuesday, May 22, 2018

East Lake United Methodist Downstairs Diner




(4 photos)
Located in the East Lake area of Birmingham, Alabama, East Lake United Methodist Church sponsors many programs in addition to regular worship services.

They have a Saturday Farmers Market which also has additional vendors with various wares, handmade, homemade, independent sellers of coffee, sorbets, balms, butters, lotions. I was once a vendor of handmade goods and had a booth there also. It was my first experience as a vendor and it was a good one.

There's always live music during market time from various  musicians. All of this helps create an atmosphere of community. 
Go to their website  or Facebook page to see everything they do.

Since my post is mainly about my first experience at their Downstairs Diner, I'll stick to that.
The menu for the month can be found on their website and as you can see they specialize in home cooking.

 Who can resist a deal like this? As a "mature" person, I'm not ashamed to take advantage of discounts offered, nor am I too prideful to ask if there is a discount for senior citizens when I go places.
I opted not to have bread nor dessert with my meal.
 The food was spectacular with ample portions. So tasty. Seasoned well, fresh, hot and delicious. The answer to when you're tired of eating fast food. As a senior I took advantage of the discount. But, even at regular price it is affordable.  Where can you get a meat, 2 veggies, bread, dessert and beverage for $7.00? And, if you sign up for the seniors program you can get all of that for $4.00 but, only on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I'll be going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment