Saturday, May 26, 2018

Coffee and Conversation-1

(7 photos)
I decided that I wanted to have some people over for good old conversation. The type devoid of cell phones
and heavy duty political and religious debates.

In preparation for the event I put together a few recipes I'd seen on various internet sites. After all what's coffee without something to chew on?

I put together 3 different desserts.  Coffee Tiramisu, S'mookies, Granny Cake. Along with these three were Alabama Firecrackers and a fruit bowl.

Below is Coffee Tiramisu



I lined an 8 x 8 pan with plastic wrap so that I could easily slice and unmold it.

The first layer is whipped topping.




















Dip each cookie into coffee and lay it across the whipped topping











I had to halve a few cookies to make them fit.


Continue to layer with whipped topping and cookies until you get to the top.




I  shaved chocolate on top, covered the pan and placed it in the freezer so that I could cut it into manageable pieces

Ready to serve






Ta da!


Side bar
I'm liking this slide cutter plastic wrap. So much easier to use.



No comments:

Post a Comment