Friday, May 18, 2018

Dyed shoes that died (5 photos)


Not all projects turn out the way you want them to as I have shown before. Unlike some, I'm willing to own up to the good and the bad. I rarely become upset because they're all experiments I enjoy undertaking and I don't spend a lot of money on them.

I found these white leather shoes
in a thrift shop. I tried them on and found them comfortable. I disinfected the shoes by wiping them inside with Mr. Clean, drying outside in the sun and spraying with Lysol. 

I thought they'd be great in purple. Why purple?
I'm a member of a Red Hat Society
chapter and the colors are red and purple.

I don't want to spend a lot of money on red and purple, nor wear the same thing all of the time, being that there are numerous "hoots" to attend. 
These are the dyes and colors I tried with no pleasing success.














1. Dye-na-flow- watery and runny.Not really made for this project, but what the heck.


2. Craft Smart acrylic paint-too light and not a smooth cover
A waste of painters tape


3. Folk Art multisurface metallic- 

4. Craft Smart black-
thinking maybe if I prime it with black, it'll cover the white spots and accept the purple metallic better.-
DOUBLE 


5. Rit dye full strength- Another ugh, ugh. watery.

In the end...



  >>>>>>>> 
 
That's it ***

No comments:

Post a Comment