Sunday, October 14, 2012

Open Mic @ The Comedy Club

A young friend got her chance to perform on Open Mic night at the Stardome Comedy Club . It had been a while since I'd been there. In the past the open mic people performed on the main stage before the headliner came out. This past Friday, there was a designated smaller room where blossoming comics performed. I'm unsure of how many open mic  performers there were . Nikki Nicole was number six. This lady has an outgoing personality that is infectious. A warm, open friendly person who is so good with people. Before any of the comics began the MC gave a pep talk about being kind  to the performers. As she said, it takes a lot of nerve to get  up in front of people and perform comedy. You're basically opening yourself up for emotional injury.  I put it right up there with sky diving.
As with anything some were good and some were not so good.  Most all dealt with adult humor.  Nikki's timing was good, She stayed on topic,interaction with the audience was good. There was one joke about credit cards to which she threw plastic out to the audience.
Stand up isn't something that I think I could  do.   Maybe I could be a joke writer but that too takes a lot of talent. I'd probably forget everything I was supposed to say, like one of the guys who actually admitted he'd forgotten his jokes and so he asked the audience to heckle him so he could give a good comeback. That didn't work out so well for him either.
THAT'S IT***

No comments:

Post a Comment