Saturday, March 10, 2012

New Crockpot

The last crockpot breathed its last AFTER I'd put in the meat for turkey chili. Since it was such a clean break with no shards, I salvaged the meat and used a Dutch oven for the remainder of the recipe.
I'd been wanting another crockpot because I like the way everything can be placed inside and I can do something else while it's doing its thing.  It's also great to start it in the morning before going to work and coming home, opening the door and smelling the cooking aromas. It's as if an invisible cooked has dinner prepared and waiting just for me.
 
I don't know if you have a Fred's Discount store in your area but there's one here. I try to throw a little business to Fred as often as possible since Wally gets so much.
I'm assuming a slow cooker is almost the same as a crockpot
It has the removable bowl which will make clean up and serving easier. With the glass lid I can leave leftovers inside and store them in the fridge.

The first meal will be...CHILI of course.
That's It ***