Monday, March 19, 2012

FOR THE LAST SIX WEEKS OR SO, I have been working fervently to open an Etsy shop.

The Handmade Marketplace: How to Sell Your Crafts Locally, Globally, and On-Line
I found this book to be very helpful

Inventory
    and construction of same----------------Check
Shop name----------                                  Check
Opening Etsy account---------------------  Check
Opening a Pay Pal Account---------------- Check
Making a light box and assembling a
    backdrop for inside photography--------Check
Taking photos in natural light outdoors
    when it's windy and chilly---------------Check
Photos, fine tuning photos-------------------Check
Writing descriptions about product----------Check
Uploading Photos----------- &*!?*%$#

No matter how I've tried to resize the photos, I get an error message when I try to upload the photos. I've read the Etsy forum and community posts, been to YouTube, copied and measured pixels of photos similar to my product on Etsy just to get an idea of how to size them.  Only one photo would upload. When I tried to resize the others  with the same dimensions, I was unsucessful.

Needless to say I am disappointed. I will put away the items and clean up ALL of the spaces where I have been working.