Wednesday, September 21, 2022

SWEET POTATO SALAD

 


SWEET POTATO SALAD

I’ve had them baked, candied, chipped and fried. What about in a salad? Would it be the same as a white potato salad? Turns out there’s more than one version, which I expected.  I  consulted many recipes. Among them  All the Healthy Things, tasty.co , eating bird food and more. I  eventually put together my own spin  based on what I had at home.  

One constant in all recipes was that the potatoes needed to be peeled, cubed, drizzled with oil and baked in the oven until tender. 


My salad included:                                       Their salads included:

bed of mixed greens  →                                   kale

charred sweet potatoes➡➡                             same

chopped pecans➡                                            walnuts, chick peas, red beans,
                                                                          avocado,  more  

cheddar cheese➡                                              feta, parmesan          

raisins→                                                            dried cranberries, & more
                                                                           
bacon bits→                                                       chicken, ham  

bottled raspberry vinaigrette🠆                            homemade  vinaigrette                                                                                                            

 
Did I mention I'd made a large casserole of macaroni and cheese?
So, in order to balance things out I had the salad and a portion of mac & cheese.  The rest of this casserole  will be portioned out and frozen for those days when I want mac & cheese. 
SECOND DAY
This time I topped it off with chicken and the vinaigrette.

This salad is a winner in my book. I will be making it again.



 





No comments:

Post a Comment