Friday, September 16, 2022

Archwell Health

Located where Rite Aid once was, Archwell is a health clinic for those aged 60 and above located in Roebuck Center.  I'd long wanted to know what services they provided. Today's Open House afforded me that opportunity.

After registering, attendees were free to mingle with other guests and explore vendors. Some people I met were already members of Archwell and seemed to be pleased with the offerings.  There were representatives from  Medicare Advantage , Salvation Army, Jefferson County Department of Senior Services and the staff at Archwell.

The tour guide gave us valuable information and answered our questions. Doctors book no more than 5 patients a day. Being able to see a/your primary care physician when needed was a positive that got my attention. Having to wait two weeks to see a doctor and given little time of his or her time is a turn off for me. Also, patients see the same doctor when they visit. 
I asked if there is a fee to join Archwell and was told no. 👍  Although, there are caveats to everything. There are only two insurances they accept. Those are Cigna and United Health Care.  Sadly, I do not have either of those.🙁 I know that I have the option to change from what the retirement board gives me but, I am hesitant to do so. I don't care to investigate options. I don't want to do THAT much thinking.  
It was  a wonderful event. The staff was friendly and accommodating.  The schedule in the picture above shows programs and activities they have during the week.  Non members are welcomed to attend. 

That's it***


 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment