Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Winn Dixie Sleepover

copied from Zavvi.com
Because of Winn Dixie is a book written by Kate DiCamillo and later made into a movie.

Opal, a lonely girl and her preacher father live in a trailer park. While at Winn-Dixie Supermarket one day, Opal notices a Berger Picard running around the store creating chaos. Not wanting the dog to end up at the dog pound, Opal tells the manager the dog is hers and that his name is Winn Dixie. Opal takes the dog home and hopes she can convince her father to let her keep him. After some persuasion he agrees.
This is a wonderful, heartwarming movie suitable for all ages. It examines abandonment, loneliness, understanding and hope. 


During the promotion of the movie in 2005, Winn Dixie Supermarkets had for sale stuffed animals resembling the Winn Dixie dog from the movie. I bought one and I still have it. It’s as close to owning a pet dog as I plan to get.



Just recently, a local library sponsored a Stuffed Animal Sleepover for young children. They were to bring a stuffed animal of their choice and leave it overnight.




While the animals are there, the staff will take various pictures of what they (the animals) are doing then post them on Facebook. I’m not a young kid but asked if I could bring Winn Dixie to the sleepover and was told yes.
First, I had to fill out a form concerning my stuffed animal before I could leave him.
  1. My friend's name is Winn Dixie
  2. My friend's favorite snack is Oreos
  3. My friend likes to chase cats
  4. My friend can't go to sleep without a lullaby
  5. Any other instructions for your friend? He has a peanut allergy. No horror movies.

Below are pictures the library staff took and posted on Facebook. The captions are mine.

*NOTE: The stuffed animal in the toilet was placed there by it's tiny owner when tiny owner's Mom took him to the restroom. After being fished out and rinsed, the stuffed animal was placed in a ziplock bag and allowed to sleep over. 😀
That's it***
Next week: Dominoes Masters Games




No comments:

Post a Comment