Saturday, April 13, 2019

Decorative Ribbon Tassel- Part 2




I was going for a mosaic look using food color dyed egg shells by means of a process that worked perfectly when I used eggshells on a mosaic bracelet I made.    I guess foam orbs aren't made for that.  
mosaic bracelet from egg shells and cardboard 

After trying to save the orb, it went the way of other failures.


Take 2   ACTION >>>>>>
Since I had 3 foam balls in the pack, I started over by painting the foam ball with a gold acrylic. Let dry. Then I mixed a little  green glitter  in Mod Podge and painted the ball. Let dry. Since I was using blue ribbons also, I decided to go over the green with a little blue glitter mixed in Mod Podge, hoping both colors would show through as well as a little gold

As you can see, It's more blue than green. 
I also added a collar of upholstery corded beads in green and blue. I finished off the lower collar with a little fancy green stitching.

I added additional beads to some of the cords
similar to what I'd seen on the inspiration tassels  I'd seen in Hobby Lobby. 

I used a LARGE needle and drove a much
smaller hole through the bottom on up to
the top and added more beads and tied on a ribbon

Lengthwise, before the ribbon

All done and satisfied finally with the outcome
END***

No comments:

Post a Comment