Monday, September 25, 2017

Falling for fall



                                                                               (If you just want to see the pictures scroll down)



I enjoy fall. The changing of the leaves, the crisp weather.  Deciding to decorate my front door, I needed some inspiration.  I consulted Pinterest, YouTube, and Google.
I decided on a scarecrow decoration  similar to the one  I viewed at Jody’s Craft Room 

Materials
$Dollar Tree items included:
Cream colored straw hat (I painted it light brown)
Light orange raffia
Fall colored flowers and berries
Wire edged ribbon

Other Items I already had on hand
A pair of old black & white clip on earrings with backs removed.
Small orange pom pom balls
Paper flowers with pearl center.
Orange and beige earrings
Acrylic paint and brush
Hot glue and glue gun
Newspaper, plastic bag, heavy string (for stuffing and hanging)



 The hat was an ecru color but I choose to give it a wash with brown acrylic paint for more of a fall look. Though it looks like straw, 60% of its fiber is paper. So, it should not get extremely wet or you'll have paper pulp.




 
Items used for facial features















Hot glued the raffia for hair



I added earrings but, they don't show up on the finished product.


I admit I had problems making the bow.

The back of the hat with a stuffing of newspaper inside a plastic bag to add weight. A string to hang it on the door hook.
The finished product on the door at night.


Close up

I later went back and cut the hair shorter.  Have a wonderful fall.
THAT'S IT ***









No comments:

Post a Comment