Wednesday, June 6, 2012

COMIC BENEFIT

This was my first time using the camera on my phone. This little feat which is probably a breeze to most is one of the many technology tasks I have in my head to learn to do.
WRITTEN MAY 27th Right now ATand T is holding hostage the photos I took at Sundays benefit for baby Marley. I took the photos with my phone and uploaded them to photo locker at the ATandT site and now it won’t let me have them back. It continues to tell me that it’s not operating at this time. ( I really, really, really detest ATandT) 
After  hours of trial and error my pictures were released. 

Eric Johnson


The 18 month old baby referred to here  along with her father were in a car accident on highway 78 during rainy weather. The baby was trapped in her car seat barely breathing and received severe spinal cord injuries. Doctors are saying she may not ever walk. Her Dad was thrown from the vehicle and also taken to the hospital.  He is recovering from his injuries.

Comic Felicia
The man filming is their manager, Bennie Mac

Comic Felicia cracked us up telling the story of how she went to church one Sunday wearing a girdle, something she says is not a part of her dress code. She related the various mishaps that took place because of the girdle, such as pockets of gas in her system, the inability to breathe fully and fainting. Fainting made those around her think that she was "slain in the Spirit."


The Titusville A.O.H. Church of God sponsored this event and let it be known that the parents didn’t ask them to do this but it was something they wanted to do for the family.   A businessman I know promotes several local comics and some of his comedians would be appearing on the show. For some time he has been urging me to come to one of the shows.  After seeing them perform I’ll probably attend future shows.
Comic Xavier

Xavier began his spot by telling us he has  eight children and that he supports them all. He also said
that he’s been married three times. There was a low growl of disapproval in the audience.  
The first wife died after eating tainted chicken salad.
The second wife died of food poisoning after eating chicken salad.
 The third wife died after being beat with a baseball bat.
(PAUSE
 She wouldn’t eat the chicken salad.

The audience roared.
I’m pretty sure they kept it clean since it was church but that’s the sign of a real comedian to me. They can tell clean funny jokes.

As you can see from the program with the baby’s picture on it there was much more to the event. After making my donation I made a discreet exit.
THAT'S IT***

No comments:

Post a Comment