Monday, May 25, 2020

Tin Can Man

The Wizard of Oz was always one of my favorite movies as a child. Later in life I learned about all of the rumors, legends and scandal behind the filming of the movie. Some true, false or simply embellished.

For some time I've wanted to make a tin can man. I washed and saved several cans of various sizes. When I had enough I began to construct in my mind how I wanted him to look.

Of course I searched Pinterest and other sites just to get workable information.







I wanted to use bolts to hinge parts together but it was too difficult even trying to use my drill. I probably don't have the correct drill bit.  I used E-6000, HVAC tape and hot glue in areas that were tricky to keep in place. I'm well aware that the glue will melt in hot weather as I expect it to. Hot glue was a temporary measure to keep things in place until the E-6000 had time to cure.





The buttons consist of 2 washers and one bottle cap, The metal heart is a metal icon I had in my
stash. I may paint it red at a later date.

I'm very pleased with the Tin Man's outcome. He's hanging on the wall of my back fence. I look forward to him rusting and gaining more character. 

I may even  put together a companion for him. 😉




No comments:

Post a Comment