Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Street Fair, Tailgating


In addition to coffee ⛾ I enjoy street fairs.
The Woodlawn Market takes place about four times a year. It has become a popular place because of the revitalization that is and has taken place in the area. Rehabbing of desolate buildings into updated homes or into new uses such as businesses, clinics, child care and growth initiatives.

Booths at the Woodlawn Street Market
On market days vendor tents abound.  Food, produce stand, artisan clothing, art, jewelry, human interest groups. There may even be a few freestyle dancers.

I always accept the business cards of the various booths I visit. Here are just a few. Many of the artists dislike having their work photographed and so I never do unless I ask first. 








Below are some of the items I did buy
I was told that the green tops of radishes are edible. I found a recipe online, cooking them the same way as turnip greens are cooked. They have a little more bite than turnips greens. I remedied that by adding a little sugar.  They were good but unpleasantly aromatic. I also took some of the bottoms and baked them in the oven the same way I've done other root vegetables in the past. Make sure you wash  everything well because they were pretty gritty.    

Radishes before cleaning

Radishes before baking
Cooked radishes and radish green
The bowl cozy comes in handy when removing hot foods from the microwave .

Next day tailgating
A friend invited me to her church for their annual tailgating event. Church service is first held inside. Afterwards congregants flood the church grounds where tents, food and activities abound.


There were car  and motorcycle exhibits .

Children enjoyed the whirly car rides
Train rides around the property were enjoyed. There were other 
attractions also. Inside there was even a Cake Walk.


Line dancers (I don't remember the name of the group.)😞

This will be my first attempt at trying to upload a video on Windows 10😐 I've got a feeling it's not going to show. 

That's it***


1 comment: