Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Sweet Potato Soup mix from ALDI



(6 pictures)


ALDI is a discount supermarket that came to this area a few years back.  There are ALDIs in other areas of the country too. I really like their produce. It’s less expensive than in other stores and still fresh. It’s been said that it’s organic by some. I'm unsure as to whether that is true or not.  If so that may the reason it spoils so quickly.
Not everything at ALDI is great, but then there are other stores I shop and they’re not perfect either.
If you want to shave a few bucks off of the grocery bill you might want to try them.

Being a fan of sweet potatoes, I decided to try their Sweet Potato soup mix.

I halved, baked, and scooped out the flesh as instructed.
                                             
Pouring the mix and water into a sauce pan
Ladling the warm mixture into a blender to puree.
The pureed soup. Very smooth.


I didn't like the soup. I tried adding a little salt, but that didn't make it any better.  It tasted like baby food.  The soup ended up here 

 


THAT'S IT ***


No comments:

Post a Comment