Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Remedial Shopping 101





I’ve really got to broaden my scope when it comes to shopping. I had no idea that Lands’ End was a separate store inside of Sears.   

I haven’t been to the Galleria Mall in ages. It’s a huge place and one of the few indoor malls still in existence.  Parking in the Sears lot would serve as a reminder as to where I’d parked my car once I’d finished my minuscule shopping.  I was going in only one store and that was Torrid, which I’d never been to or heard of until someone told me about it.  I actually had to look at the mall map to locate the store.


Before leaving Sears I decided to look around . I first asked a salesclerk where the full figured clothing was. She told me I was presently in Lands’ End  and that the rest of the Sears clothing was over there. She pointed. I thanked her and proceeded to peruse the goods. They had a good selection of larger sizes.

After selecting three items, I scanned the  Ladies  section and spied the fitting room behind the register where the initial clerk was. I walked over and told her I’d like to try on the items.  She told me to go right on in. She and another sales person continued working on pricing and arranging  goods.

I decided on a red top, went back out and told the initial clerk that I wanted to purchase it. She apologetically told me that they were having to arrange inventory and had a short time to finish it so, she couldn’t check me out. The other clerk chimed in with, “Didn’t you read the sign?” I looked around for a sign. My eyes finally rested on a  5”x 7” navy blue card, with white writing, and approximately 16 font, Bodoni   type, perched on a three inch high, wire holder.


 It stated something similar to the following:   
This register closed. Inventory being processed. Proceed to next register.

 I  asked where I could pay for the garment and was told to go to a Sears register.  Looking about, I saw another suspended
 CHECKOUT HERE sign and headed that way.

I’m not angry about the incident. I too have worked in retail and oftentimes it is stressful.  


Perhaps Lands’ End should build a wall separating it from Sears though it is inside of Sears. It would be a huge help to infrequent, unknowledgeable, shoppers such as me.  There should be GIGANTIC   signage with the Lands’ End logo emphasizing,  

  Pay for LANDS’ END items here. SEARS items cannot be checked out at this register.

This would be helpful for the employees also.  Maybe they wouldn’t have to explain this  every time an unaware, befuddled, consumer, ambles into the hallowed space of Lands’ End.
That's it ***

No comments:

Post a Comment