Saturday, December 3, 2022

Crafting with a COFFEE CONTAINER and a BOX

2 pics, 1 video 29 sec.

 I drink a lot of coffee.  While I do recycle items, there are some that make me go, "Hmm, what else can I do with this?"  If you've read my profile you know recycling and upcycling is a passion of mine. I've made numerous flower planters. Don't be misled. There will be more. 🙂

I was in need of a container to house a set of silicone utensils I'd bought from Amazon.  Folgers container to the rescue. 


I've had a bit of practice with these items over time. Although I couldn't erase the embossed Folger's symbol, I could do a primer to cover the laser printed label.  Follow up was with red spray paint.

The paint looks faded in some areas because I allowed some of the beige primer to peek through. But, I like the look.


After using acrylic paint, Mod Podge, printed label, cording, glue gun, button and spoon I found in my stash, I had the perfect container for my silicone cooking utensils.

Utensils in container.   29 sec. video

The only thing I'm displeased with is the hot glue showing after it has solidified.
                                                              ***
2 pics
Sometimes I get into an intense crafting mood. Today was that day. 

The Dollar Store container that I keep my TV remote and other items in bit the dust.  It was never sturdy and I'm pretty sure that what was supposed to be fabric was just a cheap plastic fabric imposter.  You get what you pay for.😐

My friend VFH sent me a birthday present in this box.
It contained a mug with a positive affirmation inscribed on it, comfortable footie socks, a make up bag, journal and I'm pretty sure I'm missing something. I didn't want to get rid of such a sturdy box so it became the new  container for my coffee table paraphernalia. 

I used good, old-fashioned contact paper to cover it and put it to use. Easy Peasy. 


That's it ***








No comments:

Post a Comment