Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Caftan

 I bought these fabrics  in May with intentions of making three caftans. I prefer a cotton blend of fabric for this type of project since it's for comfort  around the house during summer. However, I will wear caftans in colder weather with a sweater. 


 How hard could it be? Who needs a pattern for that? 😶 I do.
Folding, cutting a neck hole and at the last minute deciding I wanted pockets didn't work out as well as I would have liked.

Sewing and drinking coffee. My Home Ec. teacher 
would be appalled. NO FOOD OR DRINK WHEN
SEWING!!
Since the front and back looked the same I decided
to add these beads I had in my stash. The dental
floss is to make sure they stay in place. The only
problem is that the white floss shows. Sooo, I used
a turquoise marker on the  white floss.

Front

This shows the finished caftan to
the waist. I was later told that this is 
a tunic and not a caftan.


It is now the middle of October so I'll put the idea of two other caftans to the side until warmer weather, the same way I did last fall 2021 for
    this 
          project
Bleached flannel

But, that's a story for another time.  
That's it***


No comments:

Post a Comment