Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Museum in the Midst-Pictorial

Disclaimer: Since I'm not an auto expert, there'll just be a few pictures.

For those living in Birmingham, Alabama you'll know where this is.

Just off of Parkway Blvd. between 17th Street and Polly Reed Road in Center Point is Moore Oil Co.  Operated by Ron Moore, they've been in business since 1954. They are a gas and diesel distributor. (They're the ones who haul the gas and diesel to the gas stations where most of us buy our petrol.)                :)


I pass this way frequently and have seen this sign tucked to the side. 
I wanted to see what it looked like inside. I did a cold call. The owner wasn't there but one of the employees came out and showed me around. They were very nice but I have to admit, I felt a little guilty about interrupting them without an appointment. 


This place is a vintage car lovers dream.

Below is only a fraction of what I saw.



If you'd like a tour I would definitely suggest calling ahead and making an appointment at the number listed above. Though they showed me around, I did tell them that if it was inconvenient I could make an appointment and come back another time. They're occupied  with running a  business and can't stop what they're doing for everyone who's inquisitive like I was.
If you'd like to see more of what's inside click here

That's it ***
Next week: Bottle heads








1 comment:

  1. How cool! Who knew!? My brother Dave would love this! Now you have me thinking about scheduling a tour of the weather channel headquarters in ATL for my brother.

    ReplyDelete