Monday, June 28, 2010

Speaking Of Coffee..

IN my May 28, 2010 post I showed you the wristlet I'd made using a vintage picture of a complete stranger , manually photoshopping, and route 66 fabric. In actuality the purse below was before the route 66 one.

Below is another picture of a group of ladies I am clueless about. They just looked happy and interesting.
Photos of years gone by are rarely perfect. Over exposure, someone's head cut off or an unfortunate pose.
Once again I did my manual photo shop.
The lady in the foreground had to go. (Sorry)

As you can see, she's been cut away and I have painstakingly cut out pictures of various types of coffee cups and glued them where I wanted them to go. Because of the overexposure, I had no idea what polka dot dress lady was so surprised about, so I decided to make it her birthday. With the coffee pot, I had to put a candle flame underneath and put coffee in the coffee pot...so I used colored pencils.
The fabric, I purchased at Hobby Lobby.

Things don't always go as planned. As you can see, the picture has a pinkish tinge to it.
Note to self: Always check the ink cartridges before printing

The solid brown fabric is an organza type.
I used the transfer iron-on paper and then used iron-on vinyl to make the picture water proof.
I sewed the sides up using a blanket stitch and embroidery floss.

Here is the finished result. It is kept closed by velcro as you can see in the first picture of my post.
I will continue to practice until I get things the way I'd like them. So you'll be seeing more of these.
THAT'S IT ***

No comments:

Post a Comment