Thursday, February 17, 2022

Cabbage Casserole

 


 I wanted another way to prepare cabbage. That's when I came across Cabbage Casserole. I watched several videos on Cabbage Casserole. After watching the one by Brenda Gant  I chose her method.  Brenda Gant is a  folksy woman. You'd think you were there in her kitchen  drinking a glass of sweet tea as she prepares the dish and tells interesting stories along with her cooking.  

This dish goes by other names and variations. Cabbage pie,  Cabbage and beef casserole, Cheesy Cabbage Casserole with Sausage. Some include tomatoes, mushrooms and other add-ons.  I wanted the simple one.

These are the ingredients.














Roughly chop the cabbage and place in a greased casserole dish.

Mix, mayonnaise, cream of chicken soup and butter
in a bowl and set it to the side.

In another bowl mix the cheese, crumbled crackers and melted butter.  This will be your topping.

Spread the chicken soup, mayo, butter mixture all over the
top of the cabbage.


Sprinkle the cheese, butter, cracker crumb topping on top of the creamy topping. Place in the oven on 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until the casserole is bubbling and the topping is golden brown.



This casserole was delicious but, here and there it was a bit salty. I discovered that the most saltiness was in the crust.  I will make it again but, only after changing  the above mentioned things I noted in the recipe. 

That's it.***



No comments:

Post a Comment