Thursday, September 17, 2020

Pears but no Partridge

 

When a friend called and asked if I like pears, I told her yes. I went over and I picked sooooo many pears off of her tree. This one tree bore like there was no next year. (maybe that tree knows something I don't) She'd already done a laundry basket of them and the tree was still loaded.
Clockwise: 
*Huge, heavy bag of pears 
*I separated them out and gave them to friends.  (not shown: the second batch of pears
  I picked)
*Ordered a peeler from Amazon. It looked like a toy but it worked great. 
I also ordered a corer from Amazon. Cores and slices.



A couple of weeks later I decided to use a dump cake method to make a pear cobbler. I watched about 5 different YouTube videos to view various perspectives. I consider a "cake" to have no juice. All of the recipes used a filling. I suppose it's called a dump cake because of the cake mix that's dumped on top of the filling to make a crust.
1. Gathering the items I'll need
2. Cooking and flavoring the frozen pears with just a small amount of water to get it started. As the  pears thawed they released their juices. (I noticed that none of the cooks added any
spices to their filling. ) But, I did. 😃SHOUT OUT to SIS for telling me this.
3. Put a little butter and powdered cake mix at the bottom of the greased pan. 
4. Placed the pear filling in each small loaf pan (about 2 cups), sprinkled the top of filling with cake mix. Placed pats of butter on top before baking

                                             The  Oven Fresh Results 


Cooked Pear Cobblers

I kept one for myself, tasted it and it was delicious.  Now I could distribute the rest to friends.


Top of the list on the receiving end  were  E.P. & L.P who have the pear tree. Thank you.

That's it ***
 







No comments:

Post a Comment