Wednesday, November 13, 2019

🎬 Movie Screening -Eye for an Eye


I had the opportunity to attend the screening of a movie done by the son of a high school classmate.   The high school alumni meet once a month for lunch.  Contact is kept  through email or Facebook.
Attached to the email regarding the screening was a link to a  15 minute trailer. I'll list it below toward the end of this post.

After seeing the trailer I knew I HAD TO SEE THE REST OF THE MOVIE. It grabbed me from the very beginning and left me wondering how it would end. I'm not a movie critic but, it was professionally done. It was as good or better than what I'd see at a movie theater, HBO, T.V. or Netflix. 


Taking a selfie with Kevin "Krispy" Key (Producer)
It is their goal to shop the movie to Netflix or Hollywood as a series. This isn't the producer's first rodeo. He has been in the business for a while and has done other movies and media. 

Birmingham has a Sidewalk Cinema Film Festival  each year which  presents films of various genres to audiences.

The film Center is housed in what was once Pizitz Department Store. With the revitalization of downtown Birmingham many of the older buildings have been upgraded and modernized for new uses.
Being of a certain age I remember this building and others in their original state. I'm glad to see they're no longer empty but are being renovated and preserved for new services.

After the movie there was a Q and A with one of the actors and the producer. This actor is the one you see in the marquee picture above wearing the cap.
Eye for an Eye was well received by the audience. You could hear gasps and soft murmurings during the movie. There was thunderous applause afterwards.
Standing with some of my former classmates outside of the theater.

It is my hope that Kevin "Krispy" Key  and his company will be able to sell this project because I would definitely like to see more.
   To see the trailer click the title. An Eye for an Eye
WARNING: Some scenes may be graphic.

That's it***




No comments:

Post a Comment