Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Trick or Treat


I haven't passed out Halloween candy in about 23 years. Most times I keep the outside lights off which deters trick-or-treaters from ringing the bell.
Many go to churches, businesses or  homes of friends for their Halloween treats.
A lot more children live on my street than what once did. So this year I put out decorations (for the first time in my adult life) to let them know I'm on board with the holiday tradition.
I bought this gauzy pumpkin  spirit at Dollar General for $4.00 But
I wish I'd waited and gotten something very similar from the Dollar Store.
It looked pretty plain just hanging on the tree so I decided to add some things.

I got empty water bottles and sprayed them black. There's also a
plastic cup I painted purple. 
Those "potion" bottles needed labels so I had these printed at Office Depot. 
You'll see down below what was done with the RAID.

Here are the potion bottles with their labels. You probably
have some of these in your pantry.😊
You can't mix your potions any old way. You need the correct recipe.
Broomstick Fleas won't always work in place of Brain Juice. That's why
you need a books of SPELLS.

After mixing the concoction  you need something to drink it from.
These plastic chains were dabbed with red and silver paint.
They'll hang from the tree limbs with the potion bottles attached.

No longer a plain pumpkin with no personality. Purple cup in right hand
chains of potions hanging from the tree and in one hand. Book of SPELLS
at the tree base in case you need that special spell for someone special.
Another $1 diddy. It too was lacking personality so you see what I did.
Couldn't let the door go undressed. Made the bats from heavy weight black paper. Dotted on the eyes and mouth.
Added eyeballs and blood at the mouth of the skeleton.
Spider in one hand and a can of RAID in the other. Anything could happen.

I enjoyed making these and setting them out. I made sure I bought candy that kids like but I don't. Anything leftover will be given away.
That's it***🦇

2 comments:

  1. Really happy to see... 🦇😁🕷️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a awesome job! I wish I had your creativity. The children are going to have a fun Halloween 👍

    ReplyDelete