Sunday, April 23, 2017

Coffee and Soda Fountain



(This also took place April 22,2017)
After leaving the record store I popped next door to Crestwood Coffee for a java.  This was one of the first coffee shops I went to before coffee became all the rage. They were there before Starbuck's hit Birmingham and Dunkin' Donuts. I hadn't been there in years, but they're still thriving.  They will still allow you to bring your own cup.  I just wonder if I'd still have to pay $4 for a cup of coffee or would I get a discount for having my own cup.? I ordered an expresso with caramel.  I wanted a jolt. The purists won't like it but I do. 




I took a seat and selected one of the many books they have for customers to read.  I chose a musty hardback and settled in. I don't remember the title but the story line captured my interest. Unfortunately, I didn't write down the title or author.





You see the usual coffee house clientele. Mostly people interfacing with some form of technology, phone, PC, i-pad , the usual. To think coffee shops were once places where you could commune with people, face-to-face.

Crestwood Pharmacy & Soda Fountain.  Within this same shopping strip at the corner. They too were announcing their planned opening this summer. There will be a pharmacist and a soda fountain on the premise. (Think Mayberry drugstore) 
They were having open house and telling everyone their plans for this space. Refreshments and samples of ice cream floats were available. They haven't furnished it yet but they do plan to use a lot of local fare in their soda fountain area.
Printed on the pharmacy door,
"  In centuries past, townspeople recognized  a show globe as the landmark for healing. It's glow welcomes all to this place of medicine, the local pharmacy."

Next stop  TODAY Alabama Jazz Hall of Fame for some live music. Woot! Woot!  (separate post)


That's it***



No comments:

Post a Comment